Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to let me know how much you love these nails. I feel the same! This technique gives us something really special. Here you will find the step by step tutorial video, typed up step by step, and full product list.
As a Nail Professional working in the UK, I get all of my professional supplies from Sweet Squared. They carry all my favourite nail brands including all the Lecenté products used in this video. Click the product name for a link to buy the item online.
- Lecente Create White Magic
- Lecente Create Who You Gonna Call
- Lecente Create Breakfast Club
- Lecente Create Carried A Watermelon
- Nail Art Detailer Brush D3
- Lecente Create Base Coat
- Lecenté Glitter Angel Multi Glitz
- Lecenté Glitter Sapphire Multi-Glitz
- Lecenté Glitter Chantilly Iridescent
- Lecente Create Top Coat
- Lecenté Lamp
- CND Solar Oil
Step by Step Instructions
In this video I have applied the look to prepared nail enhancements. If creating this design on the natural nail, follow Lecenté’s recommended manicure preparation procedure for Create Gel Polish.
I have provided a time signature for each step if you want to skip right to it in the video above.
- (00:30) Apply one layer of Create White Magic Gel Polish and cure for 60 seconds in the Lecenté Lamp.
- (00:44) Next comes two blobs of colour; Who You Gonna Call OR Carried a Watermelon, plus Breakfast Club.
- (00:53) Ideally, use a worn out detailer brush with frizzy bristles to stipple and blend the colours across the entire nail surface. Don’t worry too much about getting right to the edges. Now cure for 60 seconds.
- (02:21) Apply a further blob of Who You Gonna Call OR Carried a Watermelon, and again, stipple to blend across the entire nail surface. Now cure for 60 seconds.
- (02:53) Using Lecenté Create in SOHO and a detailer brush, carefully paint an outline, or frame, around the perimeter of all nails. Take care to avoid getting product on the skin, and aim for as sharp and clean an outline as possible. Don’t cure yet.
- (04:10) Clean your frizzy bristled brush with IPA and use it to spread the SOHO outline in towards the centre of the nail. Do this by feathering and stippling the product, regularly wiping the brush off on an IPA moistened pad as you work. (05:54) If you find you have applied too much, simple moisten the brush with IPA, use it to clear the heavy area, and continue to stipple to blend. Now cure this layer for 60 seconds.
- (06:40) Next comes a further blob of Who You Gonna Call OR Carried a Watermelon, and again, stipple to blend across the entire nail surface. Now cure for 60 seconds.
- (07:37) Now paint a final outline, again with SOHO. This time use a little less product. Don’t cure yet.
- (08:08) Again, with your cleaned, dry, frizzy bristled brush, gently drag and feather the colour in towards the centre. Now cure for 60 seconds.
- (09:26) Apply a layer of Lecenté Create Base Coat and cure. This will provide a nice sticky top film after curing, for the glitter in the next steps to adhere to.
- Using a dry Lecenté G1 Brush, apply a little Angel Multi-Glitz to the centre of each nail. Use tweezers to remove unwanted or excess glitter particles.
- (10:00) Now do the same with Sapphire Multi-Glitz, but just to the edges of the nail.
- Add a little Chantilly Iridescent if desired (I did so on the pink nail only).
- (11:40) Now apply Lecenté Create Top Coat using more of a gel application technique, as opposed to a polish application technique. This should keep your glitter where you want it. However, if you find it does move about, simply nudge it back into place with your tweezers. Now cure for a final time.
- (12:34) Remove top film with IPA after curing, apply Solar Oil, and take the opportunity to thoroughly check the edges for any roughness caused by pokey-out glitter particles. You can easily smooth them away with a thin 240 grit file.
Thanks for checking out the blog!
I would absolutly love to hear how you get on if you try this technique. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Join me, Fee Wallace over on Instagram for inspirational nail images and IG story banter.
The best place to ask a question or have a discussion about anything you have seen here, is over on my Facebook page.
2 thoughts on “Neon Mermaid Galaxy Glitter – Nail Design with Lecenté Create Gel Polish”
OMG that is amazing! I totally love this mani 😀
Thank you! So glad you like it!