This week’s Fridays with Fee episode was all about my favourite three gel polish systems. We discussed and worked with all three systems under camera, creating nail art looks and and showing them step by step.
If you missed our LIVE broadcast or would like to watch it back, you can do so here, or over on Sweet Squared’s Facebook page.
Don’t forget to scroll down beyond the video here for more details, pictures and info including useful links for the three systems.
Gel Polishes – Key Points of Difference
CND Shellac Gel Polish
- Best and fasted removal
- Sleekest, most natural looking coating – looks thin like regular polish
- Least potential for natural nail damage
- Beautiful, extensive classic colour range
- Full range of branded supporting products
- Precise, protocol driven procedures for use
- Long standing, trusted brand heritage and world renowned education
To watch some classic CND Shellac application up close and personal, check out this Facebook LIVE we recorded for the launch of the ICONIC Collection. https://fb.watch/21SaLsZtMX/
Light Elegance P+ Gel Polish System
- Superb durability, even for clients with natural nail challenges
- Best glitter gel polishes, right out the bottle
- Colors and Glitter match the LE hard gel range
- A natural addition for existing Light Elegance pros
- Light elegance branded supporting products
- Family run company with science and technology at the forefront
To watch the LE P+ system being used step by step with hints, tips and useful info, check out this Facebook LIVE from Jojo Wickens.
Lecenté Create Gel Polish System
- Unique colour choices in the range – fun, classic and bold
- Consistent, user friendly application across the collection
- Straightforward and flexible procedures for use
- Best for hand painting
- Amazing additional branded nail art products
- Smaller company with best intentions for its nail professionals at heart
To watch the Lecenté Create system in full swing, check out this Facebook LIVE from Lecenté Educator Theresa Foddering.
As promised, here are the product lists and step by steps for the nail art looks created in Episode 3
What you need
- CND Shellac Viridian Veil
- :YOURS stamping polish BLACK OUT
- :YOURS stamping plate FINELINE LANDSCAPES
- Lecenté Pine Shimmer Foil
- :YOURS Element GREEN PEARL
- :YOURS Halo Stamper
All these products are available to nail professionals in the UK from Sweet Squared. https://www.sweetsquared.com/
After applying and curing 2 layers of Shellac Viridian Veil, stamp on the black design. Apply BLACK OUT stamping polish to the stamping plate, scrape once to remove the excess colour, then roll the Halo stamper GENTLY over the plate to pick up the design. The design will now adhere beautifully to the top film of the cured Shellac colour layer.
Next, add some dabs of foil to the lower part of the nail. Be sure to press the foil on matte side down, the foil will stick beautifully to the top film of the Shellac underneath, but NOT to the dry polish stamped on design.
Next add a little extra depth with the :YOURS Element Green Pearl. I pressed on a little of the powder using the Lecenté P1 brush and blended it across the area with the foil.
Finish with Shellac Top Coat of your choice.
The written step by step and product list for the candy pastel galaxy nail will be coming up shortly in a separate blog post. LINK INCOMING! If you can’t wait, skip to 28 minutes in to Fridays with Fee: Episode 3 to watch us do it step by step.
Thanks for checking out the blog!
Give Sweet Squared’s Facebook page a like to be kept up to date with live broadcasts, deals for nail and beauty professionals, as well as beautiful images and helpful info.
Join me, Fee Wallace over on Instagram for cool nail pictures and IG stories.
The best place to ask a question or have a discussion about anything you have seen here, is over on my Facebook timeline.
I have a youtube channel with tutorials, although haven’t updated that guy in a while… some classic looks with step by steps on there to check out if you are interested in professional nail art that is quick and easy to perform.
One thought on “Which Gel Polish – Fridays with Fee Episode 3”
Oh wow these are amazing 😀